Sunday, October 6, 2013

Nutrition Spotlight: Tone It Up Review


I am not one to fall into any sort of diet fads. I find them interesting to research, and often find that they force a certain level of creativity out of cooks, which can result in some really delicious, unique recipes. But that's really the extent of my interest in most cases. In my day to day life, I am very healthy, but have never considered how I eat a diet. It's a lifestyle, not some temporary way to change my eating to hit a certain number on the scale. I wasn't always this way, trust me. I tried juice fasts, detox diets, and weight loss drinks. When I started studying nutrition and dietetics in college, my focus really started to shift from dieting to clean eating. I'm still in no way where I want to be; many days, weekends (or weeks :-/ ) are often filled with far too much sugar and eating out. So knowledge isn't everything, because I feel I have a lot of knowledge on the subject, but like anyone else, often loose focus and motivation. 


Enter, the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan. Like I said above, I'm sooo not into diets, which is why I was so intrigued by the Tone It Up Plan when I came across it. These girls really stress clean eating as a lifestyle, not a temporary fix to meet goals. They don't eliminate any food or food groups (but they do have many options like vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, etc. if you need that) and teach you how to eat well while still being able to enjoy treats and some cocktails. They also have a great exercise plan that comes with the nutrition plan. 

I researched it and heard nothing but rave reviews from everyone who purchased it, and I was intrigued because I thought it would finally motivate me to clean up my eating habits which seemed to be going downhill with a new baby. It's easy to fall into the habit of eating out all the time, and using breastfeeding as an excuse to have a dessert after every meal! 

I knew I needed to hit reset and thought this would be the ticket. So, I pulled the trigger and payed $150 for the plan. At first, I have to admit, I was overwhelmed. I got 7 PDF files filled with information on their plan and I read through it all before leaving it untouched for a week. Then, I slowly started reading through pieces to incorporate into my daily life and found that I love it! I think it would be awesome for anyone new to healthy eating, as they tell you what to eat, when to eat, and why. I love that they add some nutrition science to really educate their subscribers. Plus, once you pay for the nutrition plan, your a member for life and get updates to the plan which include exercise circuits and recipes. 

I don't follow the plan as they intended, but I do think it offers very sound nutrition advice. I've started incorporating some of the recipes into my daily diet and so far, love every one of them. The Tone It Up community is really awesome as well. They have their own member site, and are very active on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. I've found many amazing recipes through Tone It Up members on Instagram. 

Overall, I'm very pleased with the plan. For me, it was a great tool to kick start clean eating again, and I look forward to incorporating more and more of their workouts and meals into my daily diet. 

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Yes!! Healthy eating is not a diet. Fast and less good eating is diet. It is really very good if we do juice fast.

    Regards,
    Mangosteen Juice

    ReplyDelete